Original Translator (OT): I wasn't shy about changing around terms. This page is for the benefit of people who've read the original rulebook and might otherwise get confused if they encounter the changes.
- Note: Original Translator is I failed jp302. contact: jp302 on irc.rizon.net, #tlwiki; firstname.lastname@example.org
We have used jp302's translation and have/are in the process of retranslating and double-checking everything for accuracy, as well as including errata found on the Nechronica website.
- 1 About
- 2 General Terms
- 3 Skills
- 4 Parts
- 5 Changelog
- 5.1 Clarifications
- 5.2 Positions
- 5.3 Classes
- 5.4 Basic Parts
- 5.5 Armaments
- 5.6 Mutations
- 5.7 Enhancements
- 5.8 Rules
Who we are/project history
Japanese vs. English Order
The wiki's in English. Our players read English. This makes the book (Japanese) order cumbersome and unintuitive to navigate. However, translators may wish to retain the default order for translation purposes. Therefore, we re-ordered Parts and Skills to be alphabetical according to the English alphabet as their own sub-sections for ease of use to non-translators. Changes:
- Japanese Order: Skills are ordered as they appear in the book. English Order: Skills are ordered alphabetically in English.
- Japanese Order: Parts are ordered as they appear in the book. English Order: Parts are ordered alphabetically in English.
Any .pdf released by us will be in English Order.
- I personally decided to scrap this layout. It was starting to get far too cluttered. Everything is now arrayed in an English order.
As much as we would like to keep liberal translations to a minimum, the Japanese language can make this difficult. As an example, many Skill names are liberally translated, and the areas on the battle map have been localized for English-speakers.
Really General Terms
OT: I changed these either because they unnecessarily defied common (English) RPG terminology or they were used to refer to something entirely different elsewhere in the text.
|ターン||Turn (previously Round)|
- As of 10/31/2018, the phrase "Round" has been changed to "Turn".
OT: The Japanese word used, 未練, means attachment to something (or someone) with an implication of being unable to get over it despite one's better judgement. I originally planned to use just "Attachments" for this, but Yaruki Zero's "Fetters" is more colorful and somewhat implies the same meaning.
OT: I was extremely liberal with the names of the areas on the battle map, as they're not actually important. The result, hopefully, is that the order is more intuitive to English speakers with a basic knowledge of mythology.
OT: The Japanese skill name literally means "Half-Destroyed", but I felt that this was not an intuitive description of what the skill represents.
Arm has been renamed to Forearm so that there is less confusion about One's Many Charms and the Arms location.
The previous translation had an error in Spine's range. Spine's correct range is Self, not 0.
OT: The Japanese part name is "Jogiri" in reference to an advertising campaign for 'The Hills Have Eyes' gone horribly wrong. I made it a more descriptive Silent Hill reference instead.
OT: The Japanese part name is "Daruma".
This translates as "Tentacle" but I personally felt there would be too much confusion with the Mutation "Tentacles" so I named it Mecha-Tentacles.
OT: The Japanese part name is "Small Undead", but I felt that this was not an intuitive description of what the part describes.
"Ranged Attack" was renamed to "Shooting Attack"
"Defend X"'s description changed from "A target within range takes a penalty of -X from damage they have just taken (to a minimum of 0.) If the damage of an Attack is reduced to 0, and it possessed special effects such as Dismembering or Explosive, these effects can be nullified at your discretion." to "A target within range takes a penalty of -X from damage they have just taken (to a minumum of 0.) If the damage of an Attack is reduced to 0, and it possessed the special effects Dismember or Explosive, these effects are nullified."
Retranslated all the mechanics and the flavour text for all Positions. Added the Frame of Mind section at the start of each position description.
- Healing: Effect clarified.
- Fall into Hades: The note 'This is not considered a Movement Maneuver.' was added onto the end of the skill in order to be consistent with Angel of Eden and Gathering into Elysium.
- Prisoner in Limbo: Changed from "At the end of a Turn during the Battle Phase, if you are in Limbo and have incurred any penalties to your Action Points, you may ignore them and start the next Turn with your Maximum Action Points. " to "If you are in "Limbo" at the end of the turn during the Battle Phase, even if your AP has reached a negative value, you may ignore that and recover to your Maximum AP at the start of the next turn." to clarify its effects
- Even Unto Tartarus has been removed via errata.
- Damaged Goods has had its effect corrected to function under two different conditions.
- Even Unto Tartarus/奈落への抗い is in a state of Limbo. It was removed from the game in errata posted on 08/10/2011, but is mentioned in a FAQ posted on 23/01/2012. Until we found out for sure the state of the skill, it will remain here.
- Even Unto Tartarus is indeed a valid skill and has been returned to the Junk page.
- Composure: You gain -> You can gain
- Changed Order from "All your sisters upon the Battle Map with you may make a single Attack Maneuver of their choice with Rapid Timing." to "All your sisters upon the Battle Map, including you, may make a single Attack Maneuver of their choice with Rapid Timing."
- Changed Gathering in Elysium from "Regardless of their current place on the Battle Map, all your sisters are instantly transported to Elysium." to "Regardless of their current place on the Battle Map, all your sisters, including you, are instantly transported to Elysium."
Retranslated all the mechanics and the flavour text for all Classes. Added the Designing section at the start of each Class' description.
- Corpse Style's Timing has been corrected from "Judge" to "Check".
- Defend cannot be used against the "Area Attack" effect.
- Defend has been renamed to Protect to prevent confusion with Defend parts.
- Meat Shield cannot negate the damage of an attack. Only effects.
- Organ Donor works on yourself.
- Drama of Death's Timing has been corrected from "Damage" to "Auto."
- Unlimited Destruction's effect has been clarified.
- Unlimited Destruction's effect was corrected from "below zero" to "zero or less".
- Drama of Death's translation was fixed. (2018-11-29)
- Changed One's Many Charms effect to reflect the naming change of the Arm part to Forearm.
- Vortex of Destruction: Corrected translation to say each target chooses its own Parts to break. Also, unavailable until the end of the first Round.
- Distorted Power: Corrected to let the target choose what to break.
- Shared Loss: Target picks what to break.
- Spine: The following text was added, "Stacks if used repeatedly. Discount may be divided totally arbitrarily."
- In the English Order, Flame Thrower has been renamed to Flamethrower.
- Rocket Launcher was corrected from Ranged into Blast.
- Boost corrected to "You cannot target yourself. Move 1."
- Barbed Wire activates when you deal damage.
- Retranslated all the mechanics and the flavour text for all armaments.
- Corrected "Armor Plating" to "Alloy Trunk" and retranslated the flavor text as well.
- Changed "Alloy Trunk" to "Steel Case" to further clarify what the part actually is.
- "Barbed Wire" corrected to allow use for Unarmed Attacks.
- Cold Light has the following text added: "This effect does not stack."
- Horn has the following text added: "Horn works once per Count. Attacks affected by Instrument of Evil may still activate Horn's Chain effect."
- Patchwork now regenerates itself and one basic part after battle.
- Retranslated all the mechanics and the flavour text for all mutations.
- Skinny has had the text updated to: "During the Battle Phase, once for each Check, you may negate 1 Hinder attempt against it."
- Extra Head's effect fixed from "Maximum Attack Points +2" to "Maximum Action Points +2".
- Antenna's text has been corrected from "Once per Round, you may perform a Maneuver which normally costs a Madness Point for free." to "During the Battle Phase, once per Round, you may reduce the Madness Point cost of your Maneuver by 1."
- Crab Legs and Gauntlet's Defend text has been changed from "Defend 1 (can only defend the Arms.)" to "During Damage Timing, you gain "Defend 1" for Legs only."
- Crab Legs is not just a Gauntlet for your Legs location. Its effect has been corrected dramatically.
- In the English Order, Light Saber has been renamed to Lightsaber.
- Rocket Pack's Range is "Self," and "once per Phase" has been corrected to "once per Battle."
- Tentacle, the T2 ENH Part, has been renamed to Mecha-Tentacle to avoid possible confusion with T2 MUT's Tentacles.
- Spikes activates when you deal damage.
- Pile Bunker has been corrected to deal 2 damage instead of 1.
- Retranslated all the mechanics and the flavour text for all armaments.
- Dolls start with 3 Madness Points on each Fetter.
- Movement is now defined as heading "towards Eden or Tartarus."
- Wording has been cleaned up and clarified for all maneuvers, and some have errata included, such as Explosive.
- Area Attack had the "temporary fix" applied. It now targets a single character, like other attacks. (2018-11-29)
- The Reinforcement Parts table has been redone for better clarity amongst players. (2018-12-21)
Combat, Karma, and Favor
- References to Action Points being "below zero" were corrected to "zero or less".
- "Position" has been removed from the part rate table via errata.
Enemy Exclusive parts
Effect of "Mad dance" changed from "Only usable by Savants. At the start of the Turn, gain action points equal to the number of madness points upon the fetters of the Dolls." to "Owned only by Savants. The effect is activated before the beginning of the Turn in battle. Action Point Gain of + (Number of Fetters in Madness upon the Dolls) This effect does not overlap."
Riding Adjustment renamed to Riding Partner.
The Savage Frenzy renamed to Savage Frenzy.
The Mad Dance renamed to Mad Dance.
Execution Spear changed from "Range Attack 2" to "Shooting Attack 2"